Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lafa Taylor

      I am friends with a very innovative musician by the name of Lafa Taylor (above). We met in the 8th grade in Eugene, Oregon after I moved there from the Bay Area to live with my Dad. He has worked on numerous projects since then: producing all of his own records, i.e. Life Music, Hot Winter, and Different. He also has a clothing company called Vibration Clothing, and a record label called Make Music.
       I talked to him recently about the blog and he told me that his primary focus currently is a project featuring him, and Danger Russ called Bounce Brigade, here's a little video of them doing their thing:

I love there sound from what I have heard thus far. It both has grit and pounding bass, which are great things when they are combined. I have a lot of love for Lafa both as an individual and as a musician he has never hesitated to keep it real. He has always stayed true to music and to pursuing that dream. Also his clothing line is pretty damn awesome if I do say so myself. Here is some of that:

definitely pretty fresh. He also recently released A mix tape called Freak Funk Experiment Vol. 1, which on the first track the guitar samples are of none other than myself, Dan Millar playing, check that out right here:

      Also Lafa has released a record called ME.LT which consists of himself and an emcee known as Marv Ellis teaming up for one of the freshest hip-hop records to come out in a long time in my opinion. Furthermore, he produced my rap record almost 2 years ago now, which was a very fun journey to go on, you can hear some of those songs at www.myspace.com/danmillar. Lafa Taylor is a really good dude with a lot of talent, and I suggest you cop some of his music as soon as possible and put it in your i-pod for your next commute, or put it on your play list for the next house party you throw. You can get it at www.lafataylor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment