Saturday, October 30, 2010

Darc Mind, we should have heard..

      This is a a hip-hop group who's wonderful record "Symptomatic of a Greater ill" never got released when it was recorded, in 97'. Nine years later Anticon records released it, now it's out and it reminds me of so much of the great hip-hop of that time, i.e. Blackmoon, Heltah Skeltah, Grave Diggaz, etc. etc. etc. Here's the song "visions of a blur" off of "Symptomatic of a Greater ill":

        On www.anticon.com they talk about this record being let go of by Loud Records. They say that this group would have been a part of the mid-late 90's hip-hop movement, which I don't doubt. None the less, it's a great record, and if you like hip-hop, check it out. Or even if you don't, give it a try. This group deserves more attention. It's just insane that a record this good could sit around for almost 10 years and never get released. I mean think about all the shitty records that get released every year on major labels, but something this great can just sit and collect dust for all that time. I'm glad it's here now though, and that I found it, I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment