Friday, October 29, 2010

Das Racist!!!!

      These dudes are really funny, they sort of remind me of how my friends and I sound when we freestyle, but better and the beats are great. I found out about them by watching El-p's video below; he said that he was wearing one of their sunglasses during his interview. Here's their music video "Rainbow in the Dark":

   Something else that is great is that they are playing a show with one of my favorite New York emcees Homeboy Sandman this Friday, and Daedelus is playing a show this Thursday, both in New York, so maybe I'll get some footage or cool photo's from the shows and post them. I haven't been to a show in forever and now I am going to 2 shows in 2 days (two shows that I really want to go to). Here is Homeboy sandmans video for the song "Lightning Bolt":

I like these artists because they are clearly part of the weird rap world, and I've always known about music like this coming out of California, but to see it coming of New York right now is awesome. I mean I have always known it came out of New York, but it is just cool to see something this unique and current. Check out Das Racist at dasracist.net and Homeboy Sandman at www.homeboysandman.com
Here's the flyer for the show on Friday:

No comments:

Post a Comment