Sunday, October 24, 2010

On Jeremy Fish's Work


       An artist who I have been really digging lately is the artist Jeremy Fish, his work is fresh and he brings so many things into one piece that I find myself wondering how he does it. I emailed with him recently to find out how I could buy some original stuff, and he said that he has an art show in June at the Joshua Liner Gallery in NYC, and that some of his work is already being sold there currently.  He told me that the gallery is located at 548 West 28th street, and that I should stop in there and check it out if I want to get something soon.
      I found out about Jeremy Fish because of the artwork he did for Aesop Rock’s album “None Shall Pass”. After that I started hearing about him all over the place and seeing his work on shirts and what not. This was when I was living in San Francisco. The pieces that I was seeing always had amazing detail, and they felt to me in some way like they were from a different time. They sort of reminded me of some of the illustrations that I had seen in some really old childrens books that my parents had for me when I was a kid, but with a darker sort of flavor. Anyway, ever since then I haven't stopped seeing his work around and appreciating it. 
     He takes cartoons to another level, and his images are amazing. His work is exceptionally imaginative, yet still keeps some very real qualities. I love his ability to draw the human hand, which for me has always been something very hard to accomplish. Check out these works, and if you want to see more you can go to: www.sillypinkbunnies.com

To Robin Hood of El Dorado

The Three Bummers
Remembering Those Adolescent Summers

Winter
The Good Owl
Deeply Rooted
Also, here is Fish painting a mural on Aesop Rock's "Pigs" music video:
                                      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment